Australia's, and the world's, only airworthy Hudson files by the Magnetic Island Ferry.
Its illustrious history is set out in the Warbirds website:
"With the RAAF from 1941 to 1947, it started service with No.1 OTU in Victoria, before going to 14 Squadron on 8th July 1942 for anti submarine patrols off Western Australia. Crossing the continent again, it then served a period with No.32 Squadron off the East coast of Australia, before travelling again to 6 Squadron, where it served out of Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea, on bombing, armed reconnaissance and patrol work for a period of twelve months. Later returned to the mainland for overhaul, it was allocated to the RAAF Survey Flight, and flew with them for the next two years.
After its RAAF service, it was VH-BNJ and later VH-EWA with East West Airlines – the latter registration as the company’s flagship ‘Peel City’ between 1949 and 1953. It then went to Adastra Aerial Surveys Pty Ltd as VH-AIU (later VH-AGS) for high altitude photographic mapping, before a period of storage and finally acquisition by Hudson ‘remanufacturer’ Malcolm Long, of Melbourne in 1976. Restored to fly – and back to an overall accurate wartime configuration with Boulton Paul turret – between 1983 and 1993 it flew again as VH-KOY (after the 2 Squadron code letters carried) before being loaned to Air World, Wangaratta Victoria from 1993, later moving to Coolangatta, Queensland with Malcolm.
In 2002 it flew as USAAC “889” for the film The Great Raid. Loaned to the Temora Aviation Museum (TAM) in 2003, it was acquired by TAM in 2004 and repainted in 2005 as RAAF ‘A16-211’ – a reversal of it’s real serial - A16-112 – ‘The Tojo Busters’. Other than occasional flights by its sister aircraft ’105, this has been, for many years, and remains, the world’s only airworthy Hudson, a jewel in Australia’s aviation history crown."